Providing specialized treatment for the most severe skin complications.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dealing with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases. It is a specialty with both medical and surgical aspects. A dermatologist is a physician who is trained to evaluate and treat children and adults with benign and malignant disorders of the skin, hair, nails and adjacent mucous membranes. A dermatologist also treats diseases and cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.
The different types of skin diseases seen in the Department of Dermatology include –
- Acne (pimples)
- Hair and nail disorders
- Skin infections
- Drug reactions and allergies
- Sun induced damage
- Skin cancers
- Skin pigmentation disorders like vitiligo, melasma
- Pediatric skin diseases
- Birthmarks and congenital skin diseases
- Viral infections like warts, herpes simplex, herpes zoster etc.
- Connective tissue diseases
- Contact dermatitis including occupational diseases
- Skin wounds and burns